Thursday 21 August 2014

My Unfinished Series (That I Don't Plan to Continue)

A couple or so weeks ago, I did a post about series that I have started and am planning to finish.  So today I've decided to share some series that I've started and am not planning to complete... most likely.  I say 'most likely' because I am easily swayed and could probably be convinced to continue some of these.

I suppose I'll just jump right into it now then.


1. The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


I read and enjoyed Beautiful Creatures - in fact, at the time, it was one of my favourite books.  Admittedly, I wasn't satisfied with the ending and it was a bit slow, but that didn't really change my overall opinion.  But then Beautiful Darkness happened.  Yeah... I'll leave it at that.


2. The Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi


I first read Shatter Me a couple of years ago, presumably when it first came out.  I enjoyed it well enough, but the second book was not yet out and I was not yet an active member of Goodreads and never took notice when it did come out.  After endless recommendations for the series, I picked Shatter Me up again at the beginning of this year.  I still enjoyed it, but Juliet had started to bother me.  Whilst waiting for Unravel Me from the library, I decided to read the novella, Destroy Me, because I had heard good things about it.  I was not lied to!  I loved Destroy Me.  However, in Unravel Me, Juliet became more annoying, the situation her and Adam were in was annoying me, and my hold from the library ran out.  And I just decided to give up.  I will definitely read anything else the author releases though because I'm fascinated by her writing style.



3. The Shadow Falls books by C.C. Hunter


I've only read the first book in this series - Born at Midnight.  I loved the concept of the story, but I didn't particularly care for any of the characters and I wasn't too happy about the love triangle I could see coming.


4. The Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness


The most simple reason for me not continuing this after The Knife of Never Letting go is the fact that it disturbed me to my core.  The story affected me too much.  I'm a wimp, I know.  I forced my brother to read the books for me so he could tell me what happened.


5. The Watersong books by Amanda Hocking


I read the first book in this series last year and had to keep the book facedown because the girl on the cover kinda freaked me out, not going to lie.  I didn't really like the main character, Gemma, and I sympathised with her sister, Harper, but I still thought she was too bossy.  I ended up being more invested in Harper and her romance rather than Gemma's troubles.  I don't know if that's how it was supposed to be, but I ended up not really caring for the siren part of the story.  I would however recommend the Trylle books (started with Switched) by the same author because I liked those.


6.  The Darkest Minds trilogy by Alexandra Bracken




This one makes me sad because so many people really loved The Darkest Minds.  And I did like it - just not enough.  I barely started Never Fade before I decided I didn't really want to continue with it.  I suspect it may have had something to do with the size of the book.


That's my list.  I was going to include The Body Finder books in this, but as of yet I am still undecided as to whether I will try the next book in the series.

What series have you given up on?  Should I give any of these another chance?

6 comments:

  1. I agree, Juliet was annoying and put me off the whole series. Great post btw and also I just nominated you for the Liebster award! Check out the link for more info: http://bibliophilebliss.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see someone agrees with me about Juliet! Thanks a bunch! Sorry I haven't responded sooner, I've been ill in bed since Thursday. Hopefully I'll answer the questions soon! :)

      Delete
  2. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can find more information here: http://kittensandbooks.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!
      Sorry that I haven't replied sooner, but I've been sick. I'm hoping I'll be able to respond soon :)

      Delete
  3. Ugh beautiful creatures. I adored the first. I thought BD was too slow but bearable... Just. But beautiful chaos :( ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful Creatures is actually on my Favourites shelf on Goodreads! Was Beautiful Chaos good? I know about the major event that happens in it / at the end, but I never read it.

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top