Monday 22 September 2014

Currently Reading + Updates


Hi...

I haven't posted since last Thursday.  I had a Soundtrack Saturday post planned, but I changed my mind about a song choice at the last minute and chickened out of posting it, and have since been avoiding the internet out of shame.

I also haven't been reading much these last few days which is kind of annoying.

This is due to a few things - mostly that I have no books checked out from the library, and none of the ones I have on hold have arrived yet.

Another reason is my impending practice exams.  They're next week and I have to get a TON of studying done before then.

For this reason, I'm also going to be posting a bit less in the next couple weeks.

It's also because of the book I'm currently reading - Blart: The Boy Who Didn't Want to Save the World by Dominic Barker, a challenge from my brother after I made him read the Chaos Walking trilogy, by Patrick Ness.



Synopsis from Goodreads:

"Blart is not an average boy. He lives on a pig farm with his grandfather and doesn't care about being heroic or famous or legendary, but he does know that if you want to catch a pig you have to sneak up behind it and take it by surprise. So when a great wizard visits and explains that humankind depends on Blart joining his quest, Blart says no - until the wizard threatens his pigs. Reluctantly, Blart embarks on a very epic quest stuffed with brilliant characters: a feisty princess who likes dragons, a warrior who's a big softie at heart, a disaffected dwarf, and evil Zorab, trapped in a mountain, waiting for his minions to dig him out..."

I haven't heard the best reviews for this book (one of my friends on GR suggests not reading it), although my brother assures me that it's good.  I'm not really enjoying it so far, but I'm pretty sure I'm just set against it because of how ridiculous it is.  Hopefully I will finish it soon though!


Now I'm off to catch up with my Bloglovin' feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts
Back to Top