Wednesday 22 April 2015

Most Anticipated in May


I recently made a few preorders on The Book Depository.  They're probably my most anticipated books of 2015 (which is proven by the fact that I preordered them), and they all come out in May.  I'll probably have a photo-filled post once all the books have arrived, but today I thought I would discuss them and why I am anticipating them in a sort of hybrid Waiting on Wednesday (credit to Breaking the Spine for that).
*All of the synopses are obtained from Goodreads.


The first book I'm looking forward to is A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.  I don't think there is a person in the book blogging community that hasn't heard of Sarah J. Maas, or at least her young adult series, Throne of Glass.  I've read ToG and the next book, Crown of Midnight and am yet to read Heir of Fire.  But, so far, I like Maas' writing and stories, so that's one reason I'm excited for this book.
The main reason though, is that it is a Beauty and the Beast retelling.  This alone makes me feel like squealing, because I love that fairytale to bits.  It's possibly because Belle was the Disney princess I related to most as a kid, considering she had brown hair like me, and loved the library and reading.  Maybe it's because I like the idea that there are people who don't judge you based on your appearance and first impressions and wait to get to know you...  Okay, I'm getting a tad off track.
This book also heavily involves faeries, which I am excited about, though I don't think I've read a novel centring around faeries for quite a while.
Anyway, here's the synopsis, if you're interested:

When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it . . . or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.



The next book I ordered is Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge.  First of all, just look at that gorgeous cover.  I can't wait to get my hands on it - and it will be my second personally-owned hardcover so that's going to be great.  Last year I read Rosamund Hodge's other YA book, Cruel Beauty - which is, coincidentally, a Beauty and the Beast retelling.  I couldn't have possibly adored it more.  I couldn't even write a review because I didn't have to words to describe how much I loved it.  I don't know if Crimson Bound can live up to Cruel Beauty, but I'm sure that I'll love it either way.  Also, I can't seem to get Gilded Ashes in Australia, which is really bothering me.
If you can't tell by the cover, this is another retelling - this time of Little Red Riding Hood.  Again, here's the synopsis:

When Rachelle was fifteen she was good—apprenticed to her aunt and in training to protect her village from dark magic. But she was also reckless— straying from the forest path in search of a way to free her world from the threat of eternal darkness. After an illicit meeting goes dreadfully wrong, Rachelle is forced to make a terrible choice that binds her to the very evil she had hoped to defeat.

Three years later, Rachelle has given her life to serving the realm, fighting deadly creatures in an effort to atone. When the king orders her to guard his son Armand—the man she hates most—Rachelle forces Armand to help her find the legendary sword that might save their world. As the two become unexpected allies, they uncover far-reaching conspiracies, hidden magic, and a love that may be their undoing. In a palace built on unbelievable wealth and dangerous secrets, can Rachelle discover the truth and stop the fall of endless night?


Inspired by the classic fairy tale Little Red Riding Hood, Crimson Bound is an exhilarating tale of darkness, love, and redemption.


The final book shouldn't come as a surprise... It's End of Days by Susan Ee.  This is the LAST BOOK in the Penryn and the End of Days trilogy - otherwise known as the Angelfall books which you have probably noticed I love if you've been visiting the blog for any time at all!  I'm kind of terrified to finish this series, because it is just so dark and you never know what could happen.  I'm especially scared for my favourite characters.  On the other hand, I'm excited to see how Penryn's story ends.  Just in case you don't know, these books follow a teenage girl - Penryn - and her adventures in a post apocalyptic world.  The angels have basically destroyed Earth, and Penryn just wants to keep her family safe.
This is the synopsis for the third book, but be warned, if you haven't read the first two books you should skip it because it will contain spoilers.

End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy.

After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?


There's also a few other books coming out in May that I'm pretty excited for, despite having not preordered them.  Here they are below, linked to their Goodreads page.





The first book is Hold Me Like a Breath by Tiffany Schmidt.  What do I know about this book?  Uh, nothing much.  I know it's about a daughter of a crime family, which is enough for me.  Then there is The Heir by Kiera Cass.  To be honest, I didn't rate (the original) The Selection trilogy that high, but it was definitely addictive and so somehow, I can't help wanting to read this new addition to the series.  I have to admit that Illusionarium by Heather Dixon is on my list mostly for it's cover (and what it makes me feel this book is going to be about).  It looks so intriguing!  The last book is The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh.  It's a young adult fantasy, so I'm in!


Are you looking forward to any of these books?  Already read any?  Let me know!

8 comments:

  1. I want to read A Court of Thorns and Roses so bad!!! I had no idea it was a Beauty and a Beast retelling! I love retellings, and I really can't wait. Throne of Glass is one of my favorite books ever, by the way :) And I'd also love to read Crimson Bound because, I have to agree, the cover really IS gorgeous!!! Hope you enjoy these new books soon!! :)

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Oh really? Well, now you do!
      I'm glad to hear you love Throne of Glass.
      I hope you get to read ACOTAR and Crimson Bound too! :)

      Delete
  2. The one I'm most excited about is The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. That book sounds so so so good! And I guess I would also get Crimson Bound and read the first two books in the Angelfall series and see if I like them enough to get the third one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound amazing! I can't wait for it.
      Great ideas :P

      Delete
  3. I have yet to read Angelfall, I don't know why I'm not motivated to pick it up hahah, I should be! I'm really excited for A Court of Thorns and Roses, it's also something I am highly anticipating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should be! I hope you decide to read it one day.
      It's going to be so good, I'm sure of it!

      Delete
  4. YES! Court of Thorns, Crimson Bound, and End of Days are all necessary to my life!! I'm also very excited for The Heir! And I just read The Wrath & the Dawn and I LOVED IT!! It's such an amazing book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You understand how I feel then!
      So glad to hear you loved The Wrath and the Dawn. Now I want it even more!

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top