Monday 1 June 2015

May Wrap Up + June TBR


This month wasn't bad, but of course it wasn't as stellar as I'd hoped it would be in my last wrap up (not that that surprised me).  I read a total of 7 books, I DNF'ed one, and I am in the middle of...4.  Another thing that puzzles me is that I had a long enough TBR already, but I decided to pick up some random books from the library too.  What was I thinking?  Anyway, here's the books.









1.  Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (4 stars)
2.  End of Days by Susan Ee (5 stars)
3.  Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones (reread, 5 thousand stars)
4.  Cinder by Marissa Meyer (4 stars)
5.  All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (DNF)
6.  Clockwork Angel Graphic Novel by Cassandra Clare, illustrations by HyeKyung Baek (4 stars)
7.  A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (4 stars)
8.  Clockwork Prince Graphic Novel by Cassandra Clare, illustrations by HyeKyung Baek (4 stars)

As you can see, I enjoyed all of the books I read this month, which is awesome!  I might have reviews coming for Siege and Storm, End of Days, Howl's Moving Castle and Cinder, so I won't say anything else about those.

The two Infernal Devices graphic novels were great for refreshing my memory of the series, and I'm picking up Clockwork Princess as soon as it arrives in my local library.  I loved the illustrations for the most part, and most of my favourite scenes made it in to the books too.  I just didn't feel as much as I did during the actual books.

A Court of Thorns and Roses started off slow for me, but by the end I was enthralled.  I loved Feyre and her sisters, as well as Lucien.  Weirdly, I'm not 100% sold on Tamlin!  I felt like the romance didn't really build up, it just appeared at a random point in the story, which was a bit strange for me and [I also totally knew the answer to Amarantha's riddle as soon as she said it, making it frustrating that Feyre didn't get it until super late].  Otherwise, I adored this story.

As for All the Bright Places, I just got too bored - even by the halfway point.  Finch really annoyed me and I felt like Violet had absolutely no personality.  There, I said it.  I still wanted to know what happened, so I skimmed through to the ending and I still wasn't impressed.  I had high expectations, but I don't think I would have loved this book even without them.








1.  The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
2.  Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
3.  Revolver by Marcus Sedgwick
4.  Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
5.  Grim by Various Authors, Edited by Christine Johnson
6.  Clockwork Princess Graphic Novel by Cassandra Clare, Illustrations by HyeKyung Baek

So, this TBR is more like a "Currently Reading", considering I'm reading three of these at the moment - The Scorpio Races, Vanishing Girls and Revolver.  I'm reading Revolver as an audiobook which is interesting but also annoying, because my laptop doesn't have a CD slot thingy so I have to use the family computer which is normally already occupied.  Another thing to note is that I still have several books from last month's TBR to read too, which I'm hoping to get done this month.  Although I do have exams, I'm hoping to get a lot of reading done, but as usual, I'm still being overly ambitious.

What books did you read this month, and what are you planning for next month?

4 comments:

  1. I have that problem at the library too! I'm always like I made a list of what books I want to read for my challenges and then I get to the library and mess it all up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one!

      Delete
  2. I love Cinder and am reading A Court of Thorns and Roses now. :-)
    Happy June reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinder was quite wonderful :) I hope you enjoy ACOTAR!

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top