Monday 18 January 2016

A Late December Wrap Up


So it's been over two and a half weeks, but I'm still going to tell you what books I read in the last month of 2015 and what I thought of them.  I'm officially back from holidays now, so hopefully you'll be seeing more of me around the blogging world!  I've had quite a delay since getting back and posting this, but I hope you're not too angry :P  I'm also still super behind on everyone else's blog posts, so expect some comments on old posts!  Anyway, here are the books that I read in December!









1.  Florence by Ciye Cho (3 stars, review)
2.  Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan (4 stars)
3.  Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (5 stars)
4.  Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle (2 stars, review)
5.  Every Last World by Tamara Ireland Stone (3.5 stars)
6.  All Fall Down by Ally Carter (3 stars)
7.  Nimona by Noelle Stevenson (5 stars)

I have reviews up for Florence and Let It Snow, so if you want to know my thoughts on those, you can check them out.  I enjoyed The Titan's Curse and All Fall Down, but to be honest I can't remember much more about them then that since my holiday has made my memory muddled.  I love, love, loved Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda - especially Simon himself.  It was a book that I wasn't expecting to enjoy as much as I did, so I'm so glad I gave it a go.  Every Last Word had a pretty strong impact on me.  I was enjoying it a lot, until I guessed the twist, which was a bit of a bummer.  It would have been nice to be surprised.  Other than that, and a few boring pages, it was great.  Nimona had a grip on my from the first page.  I just knew I was going to adore it, and I did.  Everything from the characters to the art style was just perfect.  (I will admit I was slightly bothered by the ending, but only slightly!)

I don't think seven books was too bad for the last month of the year!  January however has been a pretty slow reading month for me, and I have only managed to get through two books so far - These Shallow Graves and Before I Fall.  I think I might write reviews of both of those though, so I will talk about them no more!  And even if I don't, I will share my thoughts in January's wrap up - which should be posted at the normal time, not halfway during the month!

I hope you've all been doing well, and I should be catching up with the latest blogging news soon :P

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You had a great month reading wise! :)

    I really enjoyed All Fall Down! It was my first Ally Carter book! I'm hoping to grab a copy of the sequel soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it wasn't bad :)

      I'm happy to hear that! It was my first Ally Carter book as well, and I will definitely be picking up the sequel too :)

      Delete
  2. This is my first time at your blog and I love it, by the way ;) So colourful!

    OH, I saw the sequel to All Fall Down at the bookstore the other day - I was very close to buying it but I'm making myself wait til January is finished for some unknown reason (my logic doesn't make much sense).

    Hope you're having a good start to the new year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much!

      It's okay, my logic is the same way :P I hope that you enjoy it when you do eventually get to it though!

      You too :)

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top